The World is Bigger than what you See on Screen WOBIGREEN

Mobile Phones at schools

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:47 am
by tanja • 1 Post

Should mobile phones be banned at schools?

Scroll up

RE: Mobile Phones at schools

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:29 pm
by Szczupaki

We think that mobile phones should be banned only during lessons. At breaks we should be able to use our phones but not too much because it is breaking our relations with other students.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:33 pm
by Jakub R.

Aj fink dat dej szudynt bi bend et skuls, bikoz in maj opinion dej ar weri jusful.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm
by Peter

In my opinion mobile phones at schools are not very harmful, but I find them quite annoying during the lessons. I understand that some of the teachers hate using mobile phones by their students. On the other hand, I can not find a reason not to let students use them during the breaks.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:02 pm
by Agnieszka Kanabus

I am sorry for my students. They wanted to be funny, unfortunately.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 pm
by Stellasimona-Greece

Lots of students in many schools usually sneak around on their mobiles, trying to hide them from their teachers. It really costs a lot to students not to be able to use their phones during school hours. But phones should be banned in schools because they distract students, allow cheating in schools, and they can be dangerous.
Using mobile phones during school hours could really destroy the learning environment and many other opportunities for education and communication. It may also create distractions in the school environment and reduce student’s academic success. Why would students want to listen to a teacher teaching most of the times a boring and difficult topic if they can talk about something they actually want to talk about just as easily? When students are paying attention to their mobiles instead of the teacher, their grades will eventually go down, and it will be harder for them to find jobs later in life.
Some students are using their mobile phones to share answers to tests and quizzes, and to report inaccurate and offensive information about other students and their school. They can also cause conflicts among students and between students and teachers.
Bullying is something that could become a problem if mobiles are allowed during school hours. For example, while students are changing in or out of gym clothes another student could take a rude photo. Posting it or showing around it will hurt. Another case is using hate speech to each other during the day, and hurt many other people’s feelings. And of course mobiles could be stolen by other students.
There is already enough bullying in our lives, and there is no need to add one more. School is supposed to be a place where students can come and feel comfortable and be themselves, but bad usage of mobiles does not make school a happy place.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:54 pm
by Popi • 1 Post

Ok, as far as I can see essays from Greece have stared uploading.
Should I relax now...or start worrying?

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:44 pm
by ioulia symeonidou

On the one side, mobile phones can offer a variety of advantages to students. They can help them relax during school breaks and they can also be used in case of emergency. On the other side, they distract students' attention and reduce their interest in education. Furthermore, they do not benefit teens' socialization and cause a great damage to their health.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm
by cinammon

In my opinion using mobile phones at school has positives and negatives. A positive side is that you can communicate with your parents in an emergency time. A negative side is that mobiles phones distract students meanwhile the class. Furthermore using mobile phones during class can cause punishments that can lead to poor performances.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:53 pm
by spaghetti

There are many people who are against using phones in school, while others agree that using phones at school has many advantages.

First of all, one of the advantages is the fact that phones can be used as a source of information. In other words, both students and teachers can use them to help them find information about their projects, solve problems and even be informed about many actions organised by sectors. Furthermore, if an emergency happens, students can inform their parents and their teachers. For instance, the students may get hurted or injured or get lost, so they have to communicate with someone in order to find them or help them.

On the other hand, having and using mobile phones have many drawbacks and can be proved dangerous. Initially, students can get distracted by the phones and therefore not pay attention in their lessons. Also, mobile phones is a valuable thing and in the school there are many possibilities it can get lost and then the students will be sad. Finally, phones are a radiactive source so it is very dangerous for everyones health.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm
by billdestro

These days, technology plays a vital role in our life. Even at schools, we can see students carrying their mobile phones. This phenomenon has undoubtedly negative effects at students either when being at their class or during their break at school.
First of all, when being at class students cannot concentrate and they may be expelled if the teacher understands that they are paying attention to their phones and not in the subject they teach. Secondly, if we perceive that teenagers spend way too much time with their phones, it is obvious that spending more hours with them can be harmful to their health and their socialization.
In conclusion, considering what I mentioned about, I believe that mobile phones should be forbidden at schools.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm
by Myrto

During the last decades, mobile phones are becoming more and more widespread, especially among adolescents. Some people advocate that mobile phones should be allowed at school because of the technological features they can provide students with. However, it is still doubtful whether this proposal could have a positive impact on education and school life in general.
Of course, we cannot underestimate the capabilities of smartphones. To start with, such devices enable students to navigate the Internet and find useful information instantly. In this way, compared to searching in a library, much time could be saved. Furthermore, pupils can communicate with their parents or close people in case of instant need.
On the other hand, mobile phones have a number of disadvantages as well. Firstly, when used in class, they can distract students and serve purposes that are not solely educational. Moreover, in many cases, cell phones have been used as a means of psychological or cyber bullying. We have to admit that this is a negative aspect of such technology we cannot ignore.
In conclusion, cell phones should be banned at school since their drawbacks outweigh their advantages. We have to take into consideration that their disadvantages can be harmful both to pupils and the Educational System.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 pm
by Nick Dim

Nowadays, more and more people use mobile phones almost anywhere and anytime. But is it allright for students to use cell phones at school? It is generally accepted that mobile phones are very helpful and offer people many convenient ways to find almost anything you need any time you need it. However, I am against the students' using them while being educated at school.
Having a mobile phone at school can cause distraction from the class as you are tempted to use it. Having your phone turned on in the classroom, where you spend half the day with your classmates, can expose yourself and your friends to radiation. That's a fact that most of us ignore and underestimate, but phone radiation can cause cancer to many parts of our body, such as the brain. Furthermore, we live in a world that faces a huge problem, which is phone addiction. Most people are stack up with their cell phones and can't live without them. They ignore each other just to be behind a screen and they stay home instead of going out and socialize.
So, why should students be obsessed too? I think that school authorities and principles should establish rules to prohibit and ban cell phones from schools. Let's stop being addicted to phones and find some real friends to spend our time and enjoy our lives!

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:14 pm
by Altamira • 1 Post

I think phones shouldn't be banned in classrooms.
The technologies form part of the daily life of a lot of teenagers.
Most of them spend a lot of time in front of a screen.
We should control the technologies and know that they are not only intended to have fun. We could combine the technologies with the educational world.
Having the mobiles in the class, we could have new information sources, and we would give importance to something more than that we have on the books, because nowadays it seems that we only give importance to passing the exams.
The activities with mobile phones could make people not forget the contents, and learn new things by games. In that way, we would learn while we are having fun

Marina Bocos, Burgos.

Scroll up

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 am
by Miguel

Nowadays, technology is changing the way we live and especially mobile phones. Almost every teenager I know have one, and not a simple one but a good smartphone. These type of gadgets allow you to do many things such as taking pictures, making videos, chatting with your contacts or looking for information on the net.
Nevertheless, every time they make them more modern, and they take out new models, with more apps, which allow us make new things. This make us depend on them. Other than useful apps, they create new videogames that, among other things, distract us in our studies making us reduce our academic performance.
However, it is important to know how to use them properly. For this reason, I think students mustn’t bring them to the school, or at least avoid using them in class. Using the mobile during a teacher explanation can distract him.
In conclusion, the mobile phone has changed our lives, since it is an extraordinary way to communicate. However, we must make good use of them, and not abuse, to avoid addictions and social problems
Miguel Díez Bartolomé

Scroll up

LIVING PAGE WOBIGREEN
Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Altamira
Board Statistics
The forum has 2 topics and 24 posts.