The World is Bigger than what you See on Screen WOBIGREEN

RE: Mobile Phones at schools

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 am
by Marcos

Nowadays the media are essential in our life and have arrived to school.
Among them, tools like mobile phones are available to many from an early age (around ten years).
Talking about the convenience or not of mobiles for young people would be an extensive topic in discussion but this time what concerns us is the presence of mobiles in school.
Iphone, smart or any other similar devices supposed to have at your disposal the possibility of sending messages, taking photos, recording sounds and images and even having access to the extensive world of the internet.
Having this range of possibilities within the school is a great danger because young people don´t always know how to make proper use of all these options.
There could be cases of bullying, defamation, of misunderstandings publishing in various social networks, situations or photos taken out of context ... etc.
So, mobiles are a tool that in the hands of minors must be closely monitored and controlled by responsible adults.
This control is very difficult to be carried out in schools, so in my opinion, mobile phones should not be allowed in school.

Marcos Zamorano Lasso

Scroll up

RE: Mobile Phones at schools

in Living Page Wobigreen 2017 - 2019 Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 pm
by Eliška JJandová

The phones are actually were usefull devices, however, as many gadgets, there is other side of the coin. Phones may distract students from learning. When you’re constantly on your phone, at a certain point you go a little crazy – your eyes start to hurt, you get more tired and being more emotional, which affects how much information does your brain able to absorb, compared to how much information do you recieve in the first place.

Phone may steal your time. When you are constantly on your screen you don‘t have time to do much else. Most of us (students), use our phones for seondary stuff like listenig to music, or being conected to our friends. However, in my opinion, there is time for everything and unless you are using your phone just for listening music, while you’re working (which none of us really does), its not apropriate to have phones at the school.

But what about emergencies? In my school, when someone is calling you – for example one of your guardians, you excuse yourself and you are allowed out of classroom to pick up your phone. But lets‘ face it – this doesn’t happen very often. That means to me, that „emergensy“ can not be considered a reasonable argument!

From a point of view of a student, I like being on my phone when I’m bored. I feel like, using phone is killing time. But almost everybody gets bored at a different point in the class if not the whole class. Even if you make a rule in school telling everybody, where you are not allowed to use your phone during the class, people would find loop holes, like they always do. That brings me to a conclusion, that the first step would be creating a „phone free“ school, which would show the consequences and impacts a phone can have on your personality and this way create awerness.

Scroll up

LIVING PAGE WOBIGREEN
Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Altamira
Board Statistics
The forum has 2 topics and 24 posts.